Nick is a Chartered Surveyor and has over 20 years of experience working in commercial property consultancy, having started his career at Wadham & Isherwood, where he became a partner/owner of the firm, which merged with Curchod & Co in 2018. As a partner of Curchod & Co, he is involved in setting the strategic direction of the business.
Nick specialises in the acquisition and disposal of commercial property, specifically within the South East market where he has built a diverse range of corporate clients, undertaking acquisition and disposal work in the industrial, logistics and office markets. He has a reputation for negotiating the best possible lease terms or purchase price for clients, while at the same time ensuring occupational timescales are adhered to.
• BAE Systems
• American Express
• Hermes Investment Management
• Aberdeen Standard
With a strong reputation in the market, Nick is also a trusted adviser for a number of local authority clients including Waverley, Guildford, Rushmoor and East Hampshire Borough Councils, providing strategic property advice as well as agency and Landlord & Tenant consultancy.
Notable recent achievements include: –
• Advising global testing services specialist, Smithers in the acquisition of two freehold sites in Leatherhead totalling 40,000 sq ft and disposing of a 1-acre development site
• Acting on behalf of Aberdeen Standard Investments to dispose of a multi-let industrial investment portfolio totalling around £8m
• Letting 10,000 sq ft of office space to logistics firm, Whistl at Spectrum Point, Farnborough
• Selling The Enterprise Centre, Farnham, a 20,000 sq ft multi-let investment to Waverley Borough Council
Outside work, Nick is a huge surfing enthusiast, and loves swimming, walking his dog, snowboarding and spending time in the mountains.
David, a former Chairman of the 100 Property Club, has worked as a specialist commercial property agent focused on the M3, M4 and A3 corridors since 1988, with much of his career spent at Vail Williams. He later became a director/owner of Wadham & Isherwood (Camberley/Farnham) before merging with Curchod & Co.
Based in the Camberley office, David specialises in business space agency and provides investment & development advice, primarily focused in Surrey, the Blackwater Valley/M3 and Hampshire markets.
David’s experience includes advising a wide range of industrial and office occupiers and landlords including: St.Modwen, Columbia Threadneedle Investments, CBRE Investment Management, Segro, Stihl GB, The AA, Panasonic, Acal Plc, Hitachi Home Electronic, USS, Surrey County Council, Surrey Heath Borough Council, Schroeder’s, DTZ Investment Management, Hermes, Investream, Chancerygate, Aviva and Kier.
Notable successes include:
• Investment Acquisition – Advising Surrey Heath Borough Council in the acquisition of Trade City, a 100,000 sq ft industrial estate in Frimley
• Industrial property disposal – advising St Modwen plc on the regeneration of a 300,000 sq ft development at Henley Park, near Guildford, in four phases, including 25 unit sales and lettings
• Expert witness – representing Columbia Threadneedle in a successful planning appeal
• Office acquisition – advising nDreams, a leading gaming company, on the acquisition of 20,000 sq ft of offices in Spectrum Point, Farnborough
• Office property sale – the sale of a 32,500 sq ft office in Watchmoor Park, Camberley on behalf of BMO Real Estate Partners
• Strategic advice – Winnersh Triangle, Winnersh. Advising Segro Plc, over a period of 12 years, regarding property disposal and redevelopment advice for five phases of office and industrial redevelopment of the business park
• The acquisition of a new 40,000 sq ft performing art facility in central Woking for Italia Conti, the world’s oldest performing arts college
Away from the office, David is a keen golfer and is developing an interest in barbecuing and smoking meat!
A Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Richard qualified as a General Practice Surveyor in 2001 and has worked in Surrey for over 25 years, predominantly handling the acquisition and disposal of commercial premise acting on behalf of local occupiers and Institutional Investors.
He joined Curchod & Co in 2009 to expand the commercial property department and became a Partner in 2011.
Richard’s key clients include:
• The Rutland Group
• Dunsfold Park
• Railway Pension Nominees
• St James Place UK Plc
• Orchard Street Investment Management LLP
• The Milton Group, British Airways Pension Investment Management
• Royal London Asset Management
• Elmbridge Borough Council
• Woking Borough Council
Notable successes include:
• Acting on behalf of AIM Aviation in the disposal of their 70,000 sq ft building in Byfleet
• Acting on behalf of Dunsfold Park in the letting of 500,000 sq ft of existing buildings and The Simpson Buildings, a speculative 100,000 sq ft development of warehouse and production properties, with 50% pre-let prior to completion
• Acting on behalf of Schroders at Woking Business Park, retained letting agents, handling negotiations on their behalf for land which was required for the new Sheerwater access road
• Acting on behalf of Railway Pension Nominees as letting agent for Octimum and Kingswey Business Park, in addition to advice regarding rent review and lease renewal negotiations
Piers is a Chartered Surveyor with over 20 years experience of advising on commercial property in the South East of England. Prior to joining Curchod & Co, Piers was a principal and Head of South East Offices at Avison Young, director and Head of Office Agency at Capita Plc and a national director at JLL. He began his career at King Sturge in 2000 and became a partner in 2008 before the merger with JLL.
Piers specialises in the South East office market, acting for funds, developers, investors and property companies. He also advises a wide range of occupiers, from large global occupiers to SMEs and small start-up companies, in the acquisition of office space.
He has acted on some of the region’s premier office schemes, including:
• The Heights, Brooklands for M&G
• Ruskin Square in Croydon for Schroders and Stanhope
• Arlington Square in Bracknell for Arlington
• Cathedral Square, Guildford for Europa and Ediston (Investment)
• Frimley Business Park for Rushmoor Borough Council (Investment)
• Sovereign Gate in Richmond for Watkin Property Ventures (Investment, redevelopment and leasing)
Piers also has significant experience as an Expert Witness on matters of employment use and office space in the South East. This work normally revolves around a change of use, viability and demand matters. Projects, where he has appeared as an Expert Witness, include the planning inquiry on the ERA Site, Cleeve Road, Leatherhead and at the online planning inquiry for Tolworth Tower on behalf of the appellant.
Piers also has extensive occupier experience, having represented several corporate clients including GSK, Cubix PSI, Capita, Thales, Network Rail, O2, Orange, Pfizer and Brewin Dolphin.
A Chartered Surveyor, and RICS Registered Valuer, with over 15 years’ experience working in commercial property consultancy, Keith began his career at Dreweatt Neate in Andover, Hampshire and is a director in the Basingstoke office.
As a general practice surveyor, Keith has a wide experience in all aspects of agency transactions and professional work including rent reviews, lease renewals and valuations. His core area of operation is across Hampshire, Berkshire and Surrey where he has built a wide range of clients including:
• London & Scottish
• Howard Tenens
• M7 Real Estate
• Britax Excelsior
• St Modwen
• West Berkshire Council
Notable achievements include:
• Advising Tenens Property in the disposal of Ascent 40 & 100, two vacant industrial / warehouse units in Andover totalling over 130,000 sq ft
• Negotiating a rent review, a lease surrender and a re-grant of the lease on behalf of M S George Ltd, the tenant of a 20,000 sq ft industrial premises at Units 5 & 6, Albone Way, Biggleswade
• Acting on behalf of London & Scottish to dispose of the Freehold interest in Guilbert House, a 35,000 sq ft office building set in a 2.2-acre plot in Andover
• Providing continuing agency and lease advisory services on the St Martins Trade Park in Winchester, a multi-let industrial / trade estate of 15 units totalling 45,000 sq ft
• Assisting Graduate Surveyors to pass their Assessment of Professional Competence (APC)
Away from work, Keith enjoys running, cricket, holidays and spending time with his family.
Based in the Weybridge office, Jessica is a partner at Curchod & Co, having joined the firm in early 2014. She has worked in residential & commercial property management for over 12 years and is a qualified member of ARLA Propertymark and an Associate of the RICS.
Jessica leads our Commercial & AST Residential Property Management team and is currently responsible for a number of portfolios across the UK encompassing commercial, mixed-use, residential investment blocks let on Assured Shorthold Tenancies & Regulated Tenancies. Her wealth of knowledge and experience has been instrumental in the expansion of our property management department. Jessica specialises in mixed-use sites encompassing a range of Commercial tenants & Residential AST tenants with potential redevelopment opportunities.
Notable successes include:
• Successfully supporting a client through the re-development of a mixed-use building in Shepperton, Middlesex and enabling the building to increase in worth to over £1.5 million
• Purchasing residential properties with development potential for a large overseas client to improve his residential property portfolio in the UK
• Supporting a client with reducing their overheads across their whole portfolio by restructuring the Service Charge requirements
Outside of work, Jessica enjoys cycling, running and watching cricket at Lords.
Alexandra re-joined the Curchod & Co team as Head of Block Management in August 2022. With over seven years of experience in the block management industry Alex has worked with high-net worth clients managing a range of prime portfolios across Surrey and London.
Her experience includes dealing with listed buildings, complex tower blocks, and has an extensive knowledge of statutory compliance, legislative and RMC governance.
Alex is a Member of the IRPM and an Associate of the RICS, and brings a wealth of professional qualifications and experience to the Curchod & Co team.
Sharen joined Curchod & Co in 2016 and leads the firm’s accounts team, where she is responsible for both client and business accounts.
With a broad, primarily property-based accounting background, Sharen has experience in both corporate and small business environments. Her extensive knowledge and experience in Service Charge accounts has been instrumental in the growth of the property management department.
In her free time, Sharen is an avid learner of Spanish and a regular gym-goer. She is also a dedicated supporter of the Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and can often be found at the stadium for home games.
Gary has over 25 years of experience in commercial property, starting as a trainee at Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council (B&DBC), working his way up to Estates Surveyor. He moved to London Clancy (now Curchod & Co) as Head of the Management Department, specialising in property management and service charge management.
He manages properties across Central Southern England and has worked with a variety of clients including private investors, pension funds, local authorities, and larger companies, providing advice on all aspects of property management including compliance and upgrades to heating and lighting.
He also collaborates with clients and outsourced contractors on major projects, such as upgrading parking arrangements to include EV charging points. He has built strong, long-term relationships with clients and is a trusted advisor.
Notable recent achievements include:
Collaborating with outsourced contractors and advisors to increase car parking on site and future proof with the provision of EV charging points and solar panels with scope for further EV points.
Working with our energy broker to ensure that clients properties have long term secured energy provision, by future purchase of energy.
Acting for the landlord in respect of a surrender of an existing lease with a simultaneous letting of the space to a new tenant approx. 2,500 sq ft.
During Gary’s time at B&DBC he was part of the team working on the Festival Place scheme, dealing with compulsory acquisition and site compilation, he was also involved in the transfer of the housing stock which gave B&DBC a capital receipt of £102 million.
Outside work, Gary likes sport which includes football and cricket, loves walking his two dogs, and spending time outdoors.
As a Chartered Surveyor for Curchod & Co, Alex Blown is based in the Farnham office and serves as a representative for both tenants and landlords in various commercial property transactions such as lettings, disposals, acquisitions, and lease advisory.
He has achieved notable milestones, such as successfully disposing of the 2-acre Heathy Park Reservoir site in 2022, with an exchange and completion occurring only 13 days after the site was first marketed.
Additionally, he has represented clients such as M7 Real Estate in the leasehold disposal of Mill Lane Industrial Estate, Alton and Bordon Trading Estate, and Threadneedle in the leasehold disposal of The Millennium Centre, Farnham.
Prior to joining Curchod & Co, Alex graduated with first-class honours in Property Development from the University of Portsmouth.
Alice joined Curchod and Co in 2022 as an Accounts Assistant, her first role in accountancy, where she is building upon the knowledge she has gained while studying for her AAT accounting qualifications.
Alice is currently studying toward AAT Level 3 with the intention of moving forward into Level 4.
Away from work, Alice likes spending time cooking, baking and taking long walks with her friends.
Amanda has been a valuable member of our team at the Farnham office since 1995, serving as the office manager. She plays a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of the office and the wider agency team.
Amanda’s responsibilities include managing the Curchod & Co website, preparing marketing materials, handling HR issues, accounting, and money laundering tasks, and performing various other office duties. In addition, she assists the management team with local industrial properties and office parks.
In her free time, Amanda enjoys gardening, walking, and spending time with her grandchildren.