Having worked on both sides of the fence with and for Curchod & Co I can confirm that they run an efficient, friendly business and are very experienced and tenacious.
Easy Bathrooms nationwide acquisition role
In 2017, we were appointed by Easy Bathrooms to find prominent roadside trade counter and out-of-town retail park opportunities ideally within close proximity to other similar home improvement occupiers such as Topps Tiles, Screwfix, Wren Kitchens, Toolstation, Howdens Joinery and the like.
Here is our strategy in helping Easy Bathrooms expand into new markets:
- Forming close contacts with the agents representing the national operators, funds and property companies, and key developers within this niche sector.
- Identifying suitable, often off-market, opportunities on an early basis.
- Advising on rental value and negotiating best market terms.
- Managing the design process through obtaining a Landlord’s consent by way of a licence to alter for external and estate signage, mezzanine installation and new store fit-out.
- Managing the legal process from start to finish, adhering to strict timescales for completion, thereby enabling the weekly store roll-out programme to run according to schedule.
- Successfully launching new stores in prime units across the country, including Kings Lynn, Cardiff, Leicester, Tunbridge Wells, Thanet, Chichester, Winchester, Southampton, Portsmouth, Chippenham, Oxford, Cambridge, Wakefield, Bicester and Bristol to name but a few.
We successfully secured IEO of 50 new sites on never-likely-to-be-replicated, heavily incentivised transactions in the space of 18 months between 2020 and 2021 despite COVID restrictions. This subsequently sparked a significant growth, skyrocketing Easy Bathrooms’ turnover from £30m to £70m, which subsequently cemented its place on Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 as one of the fastest-growing companies in 2021.
And it doesn’t stop there: to keep up with the growth and maintain their exceptional customer service, Easy Bathrooms is eyeing to move into their new HQ, a distribution facility in Wakefield comprising a 340,000 sq ft, Grade A Tungsten-developed facility which we helped secure early on a pre-let.
Russell Ware comments on playing a pivotal role in Easy Bathrooms’ multi-million pound growth, “I have formed strong relations with the majority owner and founder, Craig Waddington, and the wider Easy Bathrooms team. This has ensured quick decisions can be made when securing the most prime units across the country, and we always act fast. The network of contacts and information which has now been forged continues to be a valuable asset to Easy Bathrooms and our business, and I very much look forward to being part of their continuing growth story.”
JUST SOME OF OUR HAPPY CLIENTS
We have developed excellent working relationships with Nick at the team over the last 20 years. They provide excellent advice and are very knowledgeable of the market.
Lewis Trevellyan – Trevellyan Developments Ltd
Huge thanks to David Bowen for his unwavering commitment to the Henley Business Park scheme from the outset ensuring a highly successful and profitable development.
Nick Kay – Development Director, St Modwen PLC
Curchod & Co have represented QinetiQ to market the Cody Technology Park since 2009 and during this time have consistently delivered a high level of service.